The 502.73 acre site just south of Britannia Beach fronting Howe Sound is currently awaiting rezoning to create a new Comprehensive Development Zone to accommodate 1,000 residential homes, a world-class surf park, hotel resort and retail, commercial and park lands.
The area, dubbed "South Britannia" is envisioned as a "complete, outdoor adventure-focussed community" offering:
- 900 market homes (mix of townhomes & apartments)
- 150 below market rental homes, including dedicated employee housing
- 190 hotel rooms
- world-class surf park & village
- neighbourhood retail
- office space
- 43% parks and greenspace- including recreation trail network, village skate park & pump track
- community facilities: community centre/school, daycare, etc.
- public beach access to Minaty Bay
- transit hub
Phase One (Years 1-4) will focus on developing the surf park, food & beverage, skate park & pump track and surf cabins
Phase Two (Years 5-10) will focus on the infrastructure and public roads, apartments & townhomes, the surf village and surf hotel, minaty bay park and beach access and the cabin resort.
Phase Three (Years 11-15) will further develop the above amenities from phase 2.
Phase Four (Years 16-25) will complete the apartment and townhomes, as well as the Minaty Bay locale.
Keep an eye on their website: https://southbritannia.com/ for more information, or DM me to stay in the loop!!!